Grade 8 Start Up Packages
Pine Grove Public School
START-UP PACKAGES FOR
- white vinyl eraser (2)
- large glue sticks (1)
- HB pencils and sharpener (with wood shavings container)
- geometry set (must include compass and protractor)
- 30 cm clear ruler (with millimetres)
- 2 x 2 -inch 3-ring binders (one for English subjects and one for French subjects)
- tab dividers for binders
- lined, 3-hole paper… in each binder
- package of coloured pencil crayons
- 4 highlighters (different colours)
- 2 pens
- 2 fine tip black markers
- 2 white board markers
- French-English dictionary (e.g., Harrap’s, Merriam-Webster)
- small pair of scissors
- personal box of tissue/Kleenex
- paper agenda
- Bescherelle (Art de conjuger)
- small pair of scissors for personal use
- white out tape
- pair of running shoes (to be kept at school)… no slip-on shoes
Requirements for all grades for Physical Education Classes and Daily Physical Activity (DPA) Classes:
- wear shorts under skirts/dresses/track pants on physical education days (no change rooms this year, until further notice)
- running shoes
- no jewellery
It is good to have a pencil case for storing belongings, but the zippered type is best as the plastic boxes tend to pop open when dropped.
Only bring the items you will need each term.
PLEASE LABEL ALL OF YOUR MATERIALS WITH YOUR CHILD'S FIRST AND LAST NAME USING MASKING TAPE OR PERMANENT MARKER.
Students will keep all personal belongings on their person/at their desk.